This is a summary of the many types of questions asked of SMG including those by associates, clients, colleagues, consultants, contractors, personnel.
Emphasis is on questions that surprisingly do not appear to have been asked by anyone before including the Media whose main purpose is to inform, to educate, and to inspire society: data, facts, knowledge, truth?
FAQ: Myths: Profits, Prophets
Is Democracy a Myth?
Before trying to answer these FAQs, a brief review of the essentials of Democracy is useful:
Guidance Note of the UN Secretary-General on Democracy
(UN Secretary-General, November 2007)
Greater details are available in many locations including the UN Global Issues Democracy Portal:
UN Global Issues Democracy Portal
(Peace, dignity, equality, justice, safety, security… on a healthy planet)
These questions about democracry refer to the branches – executive, legislative, judicial – of government responsible for the maintenance, modification, improvement… of a citizens’ constitution. Are any of the current answers to the following FAQs in the best interests of the electorate, the citizens of the democracy, the citizens of the planet?
- Is democracy possible without peace, dignity, equality, justice, safety, security… for all on a healthy planet?
- Do the consequences of a democracy’s actions extend beyond the physical, political, social… boundaries to the rest of humanity, humanity’s planet & ecosystem…?
- Are ethics, sustainability… essential foundational principles of a fair, just, inclusive… democracy?
- Is free speech or unobstructed communication of ideas, opinions… one of the most precious rights of man that is essential to democracy?
- Is it essential to free speech and democracy that every citizen may, accordingly, speak, think, write, print… with freedom, but must be personally responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law?
- Is a free, independent, educated, informed, qualified… press essential to democracy?
- How important is data based science and technology reporting; how is data based reporting different from advocacy reporting used almost exclusively by the press?
- Is democracy possible in the presence of an unqualified, uneducated, uninformed… electorate that is ignorant of the issues?
- Does the answer to this question alone justify universal public education?
- Is democracy possible in the presence of unqualified, uneducated, uninformed… elected representatives that are ignorant of the issues?
- Does the answer to this question alone justify universal public education?
- Is democracy possible if the elected representatives have little or no qualifications for the job, and no form of at least minimal professional certification; this includes the lack of knowledge and experience necessary to secure the required expertise to govern in the best interests of their electorate?
- Is democracy possible if rich, powerful… lobbies are permitted that operate only out of self-interest with severely limited knowledge of humanity, humanity’s biosphere, humanity’s ecosystem, humanity’s challenges…, and whose sole metric of success is how much money they can personally accumulate with no regard for any or all of the negative consequences?
- Is democracy possible if campaign contributions from rich, powerful… lobbies are permitted that operate only out of self-interest with severely limited knowledge of humanity, humanity’s biosphere, humanity’s ecosystem, humanity’s challenges…, and and whose sole metric of success is how much money they can personally accumulate with no regard for any or all of the negative consequences?
- Is democracy possible without true proportional representation in all branches of government?
- Is democracy possible if any citizen representatives, like the judiciary or senate, are based on political appointments?
- Is democracy possible if citizen representatives, like the judiciary or senate, are based on lifetime appointments?
- Given the complexity of the earth and of each field of human activity, enterprise, study… can democracy, justice… be served by an advocacy system where the judges have difficulty being current in the law and even more difficulty being current with the qualifications necessary to judge all of the many fields of human expertise that come before the courts?
- Can justice be served by judges with lifetime appointments?
- Does age make it more and more difficult to be current in all fields of expertise including the law that appear before the courts?
- Is taxation accessible, just, equitable, simple, transparent for all citizens and all taxable entities like corporations?
- Or do rich powerful lobbies completely support, distort, convolute… an enormous, unrully, complex… tax code in favor of the lobbies’ employers | beneficiaries who can afford the specialized, expensive expertise necessary to benefit from all the loopholes that the lobbies paid for?
- If the Fossils don’t pay their fair share of taxes, who pays their share?
- Is democracy possible without expert, independent… oversight of government accountability, performance, benefits, compensation…?
Is Accountable, Ethical, Responsible, Social, Sustainable... Earth Citizenship a Fossil Myth?
The FAQs are at the end of this section after the presentation of the necessary common background material to both ask and answer the questions.
There are many definitions of Accountable, Ethical, Responsible, Social, Sustainable… Earth Citizenship as applied to Enterprise, Governance, Investment, Lifestyle, Stewardship of Humanity and Humanity’s Habitat. A preferred definition is based on the global goals or principles of this report:
The Sustainable Development Goals 2022
(United Nations, 2022)
What is UNSDGI (UN SDG Investing)?
UNSDGI is based on the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to transform Humanity’s Lifestyle including Habitat:
- GOAL 1 – No Poverty: End Poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- GOAL 2 – Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- GOAL 3 – Good Health and Well-being: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- GOAL 4 – Quality Education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- GOAL 5 – Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- GOAL 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- GOAL 7 – Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- GOAL 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- GOAL 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- GOAL 10 – Reduced Inequality: Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- GOAL 11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- GOAL 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- GOAL 13 – Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- GOAL 14 – Life Below Water: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- GOAL 15 – Life on Land: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- GOAL 16 – Peace and Justice Strong Institutions: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- GOAL 17 – Partnerships to achieve the Goals: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
There are another couple of important sets of goals used to guide and assess the quality of businesses and business investments based on their adherence to these goals. Both are more widely used than the UN SDG principles, but decidedly less comprehensive and less global. Both invoke some of the UN SDG principles in their definitions.
What is SRI (Socially Responsible Investing)?
SRI is guided by the following ethical and other humanitarian principles for business relationships and investments:
- Accountable & sustainable business leadership that engages in co-operative principles & practices that:
- Demonstrate good governance practices
- Are leaders in their sector
- Use their influence to create positive change in their sector
- Demonstrate ethics, transparency & accountability
- Engage stakeholders with integrity
- Are organized by co-operative principles
- Value economic & social inclusion for everyone that:
- Recognize international labour & human rights standards including fair & reasonable living wages, executive compensation packages & shareholder returns
- Support the simplification of tax laws including fair share taxation of all taxable entities including associations, businesses, individuals…
- Support independent expert oversight, data gathering, data analysis in all decision making
- Support freedom of association
- Allow unions to form where desired by workers
- Demonstrate positive & fair relationships with employees, customers, partners, shareholders…
- Recognize & respect minority rights including native peoples
- Promote social justice, equity & acceptance
- Demonstrate health & safety leadership
- Promote fair trade & financial inclusion
- Value strong & resilient communities that:
- Are committed to strengthening the communities where they operate
- Use their influence to promote community building & sustainable urban planning design principles
- Have active community investment programs
- Support employee volunteering efforts
- Respect healthy democratic processes
- Promote engaged citizen decision-making
- Value environmental & sustainability leaders that:
- Contribute positively to the green economy
- Provide goods & services with positive humanitarian & environmental benefits
- Measure & minimize negative impacts on air, water & land
- Support the transition to a low carbon economy
- Contribute to the preservation of natural ecosystems including biomass 4 billion years in the making & environmental restoration
What is ESGI (Environmental Social Governance Investing)?
Is ESG just a form of Fossil greenwashing to:
- Deceive, deny, divert, ignore… the true costs to humanity of their businesses
- Externalize or abandon as many as possible of their actual business expenses to the fair share taxpayers
- Make their definition of responsibility as opaque and nebulous as possible
- Ignore the current best performance metrics of business practices, the UNSDG Goals?
Should ESG business goals, principles, standards…:
- Include the irrefutable past, present, future damage costs of Fossil businesses to humanity’s economy, ecosystem, wellbeing… future
- Stop claiming that there is a green premium to green energy when there is absolutely no expert peer reviewed data to support that claim
- Stop claiming that the Fossils are experts on ethics; humanity’s energy, ecology, ecosystems, economy, welfare… sustainable future just because some are billionaires who have read a few non-expert, non-peer reviewed, non-professional books on the subjects and who consult with the ether for their self-serving opinions on the relevant subjects
- Prioritize optimal ESG, SR or best of all UNSDG outcomes now called UNSDG|SR|ESG for emphasis and clarity with the hope that the latter 2 will be eventually dropped in a global world
- Recognize that ESG performance is not defined by dependents, such as family, friends, personnel, investors, politicians, pseudo-experts…, and their claims to success, but rather by independent expert peer reviewed metrics of success
- Recognize the importance of demanding independent expert oversight in everything we do; the importance of using all the expertise humanity has to make this planet a better home for everyone including the preservation and enhancement of humanity’s priceless ecosystem, a gift four billion years in the making, still evolving, supporting, teaching…?
What are some useful improvements to the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs (Goals, Principles, Values)?
- Does each of the more specific GPVs relate to one or more of the more general categories: humanity’s, planet, survival, sustainability, welfare, …?
- Is this generalization of categories helpful to clarify and understand the Myth of the Fossils’ Scorecards and Metrics of Success?
- Must the GPVs be global?
- Must each and every metric of success in all of humanity’s activities, enterprises… include these GPVs for all to survive, thrive, prosper… on a healthy, sustainable… planet?
- What are some of the more important metrics of success?
- Corporate, financial… metrics of success
- Investment metrics of success including value investing
- Employment metrics of success
- Consumer products, services… metrics of success
- Proactive wellness including healthcare metrics of success
- Are the GPVs critical in everything humanity does, not how greedy, deceptive, dishonest, ignorant… Fossils decimate humanity’s ecosystem, welfare… to personally accumulate more money?
- Is it an important lesson for humanity to universally achieve these GVPs: vote with your time and your money to help achieve them?
- Must UNSDG|SR|ESG business practices be fundamental to making money: have businesses actually made money if they have decimated assets like humanity’s health and habitat that do not belong to them?
- Is independent expert oversight critical for the implementation of the GPVs for: humanity’s planet, survival, sustainability, welfare… in business, courts, government, trade…?
- Is specific GPV due diligence in the best interests of: consumers, employees, shareholders, humanity?
Do Fossils’ Business Plans, Schemes, Strategies, Tactics… include any of the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs outlined here?
Is the answer an emphatic no?
In a later Section of this Website Accordion titled “Are the Fossils’ Scorecards and Metrics of Success Myths?”, the GPVs of the Fossils’ Business Plans, Schemes… are presented in some detail.
Some Major Obstacles to the Implementation of UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs and Some Solutions?
The major obstacle to the implementation of UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs is the Fossils misrepresentation of the truth. The Fossils advocate for their unverifiable anecdotes, beliefs, deceptions, diversions, lies, opinions… extracted from a mythical ether versus independently verifiable data, facts, observations, truths…
Some examples of Fossil myths are:
- There is a Green premium on Green Energy. In fact the Green Premium is an inclusive Green Benefit to Humanity that costs less than the Fossils agenda that addresses none of the GPVs. The Fossils’ destructive, inefficient, irresponsible, unethical, unsustainable… agenda costs their shareholders and Humanity much more if one analyses the actual unabridged financial statements of both options.
- Fossils don’t believe in climate change, a myth that is totally unsupported by expert scientific data, facts, truth…
- Fossils have propagated their myths for more than 50 years that their actions, businesses, enterprises… have not decimated humanity’s ecosystem, health, welfare… by all possible deceptions in their arsenal of lies.
- Fossils claim that democracy guarantees their right to free speech that guarantees their right to lie without accountability, consequences, responsibility…
- Publicly, Fossils state that they should pay more taxes. Privately, when challenged as to how, they deflect to their accountants, lawyers, tax specialists… who claim to pay taxes according to the tax laws. The Fossils neglect to mention that the tax laws are almost exclusively a direct result of Fossil lobbies. Privately, the Fossils continue to lobby for even less taxes, consigning an even greater % of tax dollars to the FSTs.
- Fossils like to claim that the only scorecard of success in human activities, business, investment, professions… is money. Their scorecard almost exclusively includes the income of the Income Statement and the assets of the Balance Sheet. The expenses of the Income Statement and the liabilities of the Balance Sheet are ignored, neglected… consigned as much as possible to the FSTs using very powerful democracy defying Lobbies.
- Fossils like to claim that they can do whatever they want as long as what they do benefits their shareholders even at the expense of humanity’s existence and the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs that guarantee that existence. The tragic truth is that the Fossils, their family, their friends, the rest of humanity, humanity’s habitat, all that the Fossils claim to love is inseparable from that existence.
Does the data support the Fossil myths that UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs are bad for business, the bottom line, shareholders… or that there is a premium on these GPVs?
In a word NO! An analysis by Morgan Stanley of 10,723 mutual funds from 2004 to 2018 shows that there is no trade-off between sustainable funds compared to traditional funds. The numbers speak for themselves, UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs are good for business and humanity; there is no premium, only additional priceless benefits. The following is the reference:
Sustainable Reality: Analyzing Risk and Returns of Sustainable Funds
(Morgan Stanley, 2019)
The conclusions of this report are based on independent expert data. The conclusions are not extracted from the ether, anecdotes, non-professional literature written or reviewed by self-declared experts… and presented as the truth by some self-interested, self-absorbed, greedy, ignorant… Fossils.
The study compares the performance data of UNSDG|SR|ESG funds with traditional funds from 2004 to 2018 using exchange-traded and open-ended mutual funds active in any given year of this period. The total performance of 10,723 funds were analyzed for their total returns net-of-fees, and downside deviation, a metric of risk.
The UNSDG|SR|ESG funds provided returns in line with comparable traditional funds while reducing downside risk and deviation. During a period of extreme volatility, there was statistical evidence that UNSDG|SR|ESG funds were more stable. It would appear that incorporating UNSDG|SR|ESG ethics, goals, principles… into investment portfolios may help to limit market risk in addition to being far superior for humanity and humanity’s planet.
Despite the data of this report, 53% of individual investors still believe that UNSDG|SR|ESG investing requires a financial trade-off. The data of this report shows that this perceived trade-off is a myth. Contrary to what many investors believe, UNSDG|SR|ESG fund returns do not differ from traditional funds. Further, UNSDG|SR|ESG funds may offer a risk reduction that results in more attractive risk-adjusted returns. This should help mobilize the 75% of investors who are interested in UNSDG|SR|ESG investing to act on those interests.
The analysis in the Morgan Stanley report is based on the traditional metrics of business performance evaluation and securities investment. Clearly new metrics are needed that include performance metrics for the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs. In 2006, the UN launched the PRI website for the purpose of introducing new metrics and principles for responsible investment:
UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
This website includes an excellent comprehensive suite of resources, ranging from introductory materials to in-depth technical and policy guides for PRI. The PRIs presented here are focused on the implementation of the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs to investment practices and industries to contribute to the development of a sustainable global financial system that is a critical component of a sustainable planet. The principles presented here have been modified to expand their domain of influence and applicability:
GPV1: Incorporate UNSDG|SR|ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Address UNSDG|SR|ESG issues in investment policy statements.
- Support development of UNSDG|SR|ESG-related tools, metrics, and analyses.
- Assess the capabilities of internal investment managers to incorporate UNSDG|SR|ESG issues.
- Assess the capabilities of external investment managers to incorporate UNSDG|SR|ESG issues.
- Ask investment service providers (such as financial analysts, consultants, brokers, research firms, or rating companies) to integrate UNSDG|SR|ESG factors into evolving research and analysis.
- Encourage academic and other research on this theme.
- Advocate UNSDG|SR|ESG training for investment professionals.
GPV2: Be active owners; incorporate UNSDG|SR|ESG issues into ownership policies and practices.
- Develop and disclose an active ownership policy consistent with the GPVs.
- Exercise voting rights or monitor compliance with voting policy (if outsourced).
- Develop an engagement capability (either directly or through outsourcing).
- Participate in the development of policy, regulation, and standard setting (such as promoting and protecting shareholder rights).
- File shareholder resolutions consistent with long-term UNSDG|SR|ESG considerations.
- Engage with companies on UNSDG|SR|ESG issues.
- Participate in collaborative engagement initiatives.
- Ask investment managers to undertake and report on UNSDG|SR|ESG-related engagement.
GPV3: Seek appropriate disclosure on UNSDG|SR|ESG issues by the investment entities.
- Ask for standardised reporting on UNSDG|SR|ESG issues (using tools such as the Global Reporting Initiative).
- Ask for UNSDG|SR|ESG issues to be integrated within annual financial reports.
- Ask for information from companies regarding adoption of/adherence to relevant norms, standards, codes of conduct or international initiatives (such as the UN Global Compact).
- Support shareholder initiatives and resolutions promoting UNSDG|SR|ESG disclosure.
GPV4: Promote acceptance and implementation of the GPVs within the investment industry.
- Include GPVs-related requirements in requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Align investment mandates, monitoring procedures, performance indicators and incentive structures accordingly (for example, ensure investment management processes reflect long-term time horizons when appropriate).
- Communicate UNSDG|SR|ESG expectations to investment service providers.
- Revisit relationships with service providers that fail to meet UNSDG|SR|ESG expectations.
- Support the development of tools for benchmarking UNSDG|SR|ESG integration.
- Support regulatory or policy developments that enable implementation of the GSVs.
GPV5: Work together to enhance the effectiveness in implementing the GPVs.
- Support/participate in networks and information platforms to share tools, pool resources, and make use of investor reporting as a source of learning.
- Collectively address relevant emerging issues.
- Develop or support appropriate collaborative initiatives.
GPV6: Report on activities and progress towards implementing the GPVs.
- Disclose how UNSDG|SR|ESG issues are integrated within investment practices.
- Disclose active ownership activities (voting, engagement, and/or policy dialogue).
- Disclose what is required from service providers in relation to the GPVs.
- Communicate with beneficiaries about UNSDG|SR|ESG issues and the GPVs.
- Report on progress and/or achievements relating to the GPVs using a comply-or-explain approach.
- Seek to determine the impact of the GPVs.
- Make use of reporting to raise awareness among a broader group of stakeholders
Some of the Benefits of UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs
- Weed out unsustainable companies with outdated practices and harmful side effects.
- Minimize investor risk by selecting more responsible companies with a greater likelihood of success in the long run.
- Are not bolt-ons or a new investment strategy; they are core values that represent a new definition of the bottom line.
- Are a means to develop ethical value, sustainable profit… Money for a company’s owners and shareholders at the expense of humanity’s habitat, welfare, FSTs… is not profit.
- Funds grew 144% from 2004-2018.
- Additional growth in the renewable energy sector is predicted to be at least US$13 trillion by the financial services industry.
- Are data based unlike owner board meetings where board policies are irresponsible, illiterate, ignorant, greedy proclamations pulled from the incestuous board’s ether that ignore the externalities of their financial statements.
- Not a cost, rather investments in: responsible businesses, sustainable companies, ethical enterprises… that practice transparency, the application of acceptable standards & policies, support data based truth…
Summary of Actual Fossil GPVs
In a later section of this accordion titled “Are the Fossils’ Scorecards and Metrics of Success Myths?”, the GPVs of the Fossils’ Business Plans, Schemes… are presented in greater detail. The Fossil GPVs can be summarized under the following categories:
- Campaign contributions, gifts, lobbies
- Externalities: attempts to have someone else pay, usually the FSTs, for income sudsidies, expenses, losses, liabilities, assets including RD&D & infrastructure
- Greenwashing: total denial, disregard, distortion… of UNSDG/SR/ESG GPVs often using their obscure euphemism ESG
- Mantra: our only responsibility is to our shareholders, not to our theater of operations, humanity & humanity’s ecosystem
- Misinformation: is claimed by the Fossils to be a guaranteed right of free speech
Some excellent examples of environmental externalities are provided in the PDF document:
Universal Ownership: Why environmental externalities matter to institutional investors
(UNEP Finance Initiative, PRI Association, 2011)
and in the Comments attached to this document.
Corporate UNSDG/SR/ESG GPV Rankings in Humanity’s Theater
In the past decade, measuring and managing corporate UNSDG/SR/ESG GPV rankings has become and is growing as a central part of doing business for companies around the world, regardless of the industry. UNSDG/SR/ESG ranking systems, which assess the core factors involved in measuring a company’s socially responsible, sustainability performance, are becoming increasingly valued as key decision-making indicators by consumers, employees, investors, other stakeholders… This demand has driven companies worldwide to take a proactive approach to compliance, disclosure… These companies do so for a wide variety of reasons: to answer investor, consumer… requests, improve brand reputation, assess risks and opportunities, or simply comply with regulations.
Some of the Better-Known UNSDG/SR/ESG GPV Indices
There are hundreds of existing rankings and reporting standards currently in operation. Some of the better-known indices include:
- Is a not-for-profit charity that runs a global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts.
- The world’s economy looks to CDP as a gold standard of environmental reporting with a rich and comprehensive dataset on corporate and government action.
- Focuses on investors, companies, cities and governments to build a thriving, sustainable economy for all by measuring and acting on their environmental impact on the planet.
- Values include: transparency; accountability; education, improvement, success… together.
- Immediate urgent actions are required to prevent irreversible damage to humanity’s ecosystem and quality of life. That starts by being aware of all impacts so that people, investors, companies, cities, governments… can make the right choices immediately.
- You can’t manage what you don’t measure. CDP runs a global environmental disclosure system; supports thousands of companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their risks and opportunities on climate change, water security and deforestation; does so at the request of their investors, purchasers and stakeholders.
- Over the past 23 years CDP has created a system that has resulted in worldwide engagement on environmental issues.
CDP Global Stats
- Investor assets: 746 investors with over US$136 trillion in assets request companies disclose through CDP on climate change, water security and forests.
- Purchasing power: over 280+ major buyers, with a combined purchasing power of US$6.4 trillion asked their suppliers to disclose through CDP.
- Companies: over 18,700 companies reported through CDP on climate change, water security and forests.
- Cities, states and regions: over 1,100 cities, states and regions disclosed environmental information through CDP.
- Each year, CDP takes the information supplied in its annual reporting process and scores companies and cities based on their journey through disclosure and towards environmental leadership.
DJSI Description (Wikipedia)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indices launched in 1999, are a family of indices evaluating the sustainability performance of thousands of companies trading publicly.
- Is operated under a strategic partnership between S&P Dow Jones Indices and RobecoSAM (Sustainable Asset Management) of the S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- They are the longest-running global sustainability benchmarks worldwide and have become the key reference point in sustainability investing for investors and companies alike.
- In 2012, S&P Dow Jones Indices was formed via the merger of S&P Indices and Dow Jones Indexes.
- The DJSI is based on an analysis of corporate economic, environmental and social performance, assessing issues such as corporate governance, risk management, branding, climate change mitigation, supply chain standards and labor practices.
- The trend is to reject companies that do not operate in a sustainable and ethical manner.
- It includes general as well as industry-specific sustainability criteria for each of the 60 industries defined according to the Industry Classification Benchmark (ICB).
- The DJSI family contains one main global index, the DJSI World, and various indexes based on geographic regions such as: Europe, Nordic, North America and Asia Pacific.
- The DJSI also contains industry-specific indexes called “blue chip indexes”.
- In addition, the DJSI methodology facilitates the design, development and delivery of customized sustainability indexes; e.g., indexes covering different regions, indexes covering different segments of the leading sustainability companies, indexes covering additional exclusion criteria and indexes denominated in different currencies.
- To be incorporated in the DJSI, companies are assessed and selected based on their long-term economic, social and environmental asset management plans. Selection criteria evolve each year and companies must continue to make improvements to their long-term sustainability plans in order to remain on the Index.
- Indexes are updated yearly and companies are monitored throughout the year.
Robeco Description (Robeco)
Is an international asset manager offering an extensive range of active investments, from equities to bonds. Research lies at the heart of everything Robeco does, with a ‘pioneering but cautious’ approach that has been in their DNA since the beginning. Robeco believes strongly in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques and constant innovation.
Robeco Global Stats in EUR (2022-12)
- Start in Rotterdam: 1929
- First emerging markets investment: 1930
- Worldwide offices: 16
- Worldwide employees: 1052
- Assets under management: $171 billion
- Managed ESG-integrated assets: $168 billion
- Managed based on Quant models: $69.1 billion
- Purpose is to guide all companies toward a sustainable world.
- Vision is a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people’s lives and the planet we all depend on.
- Mission is to provide reliable, globally recognized sustainability ratings and insights, enabling all companies to reduce risk, drive improvement and accelerate positive impact on our planet and society.
EcoVadis Core Values
- Make sustainability real: help global business be more sustainable, ethical, and responsible; drive positive impact and scalable change; walk the talk.
- Every customer matters: work with focus and agility to meet and exceed expectations of clients and teammates; build strong partnerships to create lasting impacts.
- Belong: foster an inclusive culture where everyone can express their uniqueness; value individual differences; respect each other’s needs; constantly learn from each other.
- Integrity at the core: work with the highest level of professionalism and transparency; accountability, honesty and trust are core essentials.
- Dare to: be the best; continuously innovate; proactively propose and implement new ideas that match business realities.
- Be kind: support and empower; appreciate and celebrate accomplishments cynical; team spirit and work-life harmony are keys to team success.
Are the most valued asset; enable the development of unique expertise to connect with companies all over the world; the team is composed of over 1400 highly-talented professionals from 70 nationalities.
Methodology is built on international sustainability standards, including the Global Reporting Initiative, the United Nations Global Compact, and the ISO 26000, covering 200+ spend categories and 175+ countries. The Sustainability Scorecard illustrates performance across 21 indicators in four themes:
- Labor & Human Rights
- Sustainable Procurement
Sustainability assessment methodology is at the heart of ratings and scorecards; is an evaluation of how well a company has integrated the principles of Sustainability/CSR into their business and management system. It is based on seven founding principles:
- Assessment by international experts.
- Tailored to industry sector, country and company size.
- Source diversification to ensure rich stakeholder input for reliable scoring.
- Utilize technology to ensure a secure and confidential process and accelerated cycle time.
- Traceability and transparency of documentation
- Excellence through continuous improvement.
Has grown since launching in 2007 to become the world’s largest and most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, creating a global network of more than 100,000+ rated companies.
TheFTSE4Good is one of many FTSE Russell indexes. The FTSE4Good Index Series is designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating specific ESG practices. Transparent management and clearly-defined ESG criteria make FTSE4Good indexes suitable tools to be used by a wide variety of market participants when creating or assessing sustainable investment products. FTSE4Good indexes can be used in four main ways:
- Financial products: as tools in the creation of index-tracking investments, financial instruments or fund products focused on sustainable investment.
- Research: to identify companies with specific environmental and social practices.
- Reference: as a transparent and evolving global ESG standard against which companies can assess their progress and achievement.
- Benchmarking: as a benchmark index to track the performance of sustainable investment portfolios.
Other ESG-focused indexes
FTSE4Good Emerging Indexes
The FTSE4Good Index Series is a series of benchmark and tradeable indexes for ESG investors, which was launched in 2001. The FTSE4Good criteria is applied to the FTSE Emerging Indexes, which covers over 20 emerging countries, and was launched in 2016.
FTSE Russell Global Stats
- FTSE Russell is a subsidiary of LSEG.
- For over 30 years, leading asset owners, asset managers, ETF providers, and investment banks have chosen FTSE Russell indexes to benchmark their investment performance and create investment funds, ETFs, structured products and index-based derivatives.
- FTSE Russell offers a highly respected analytics platform that serves approximately 350 institutions globally including investment management firms, banks, central banks, insurance companies, pension funds, broker-dealers, hedge funds; analytical insights include a broad array of fixed income instruments with specific focus on mortgage, government, corporate and derivative securities.
- Through acquisitions, LSEG has created a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data group serving more than 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries. Information, insights and technology that drive innovation and performance in global financial markets is provided that enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence while best-in-class data and cutting-edge technologies enable greater opportunities. Consequently, the financial community can trade smarter and faster, overcome regulatory challenges, and scale intelligently. From high level economic and demographic information, to detailed equity, debt and sustainability data analysis, clients service corporations, financial institutions, business academics and reference libraries.
- Through a critical acquisition, FTSE Russell now provides even more extensive business and financial information on public and private companies globally using advanced data collection, cloud-based applications, desktop analytics and print products.
- Is a group of companies, founded in 1985, that empowers investors and companies to build for long-term sustainable growth by providing high-quality data, analytics, insight.
- Is majority owned by Deutsche Börse Group, along with Genstar Capital and ISS management.
- Is a leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions, market intelligence, fund services, and events and editorial content for institutional investors and corporations, globally.
ISS Global Stats
- Has 2,600 employees that operate worldwide across 29 global locations in 15 countries.
- Has approximately 3,400 clients include many of the world’s leading institutional investors who rely on ISS‘ objective and impartial offerings, as well as public companies focused on ESG risk mitigation as a shareholder value enhancing measure.
- Clients rely on ISS’ expertise to help them make informed investment decisions.
- Provides high-quality, analytical ESG research, ratings and data to the world’s leading institutional investors and companies.
- For more than 30 years, has focused on delivering innovative solutions that have enabled the world’s leading institutional investors to identify, understand, and manage ESG-driven risks and opportunities.
- With Sustainalytics now a part of Morningstar, efforts are accelerating to bring meaningful ESG insights to investors of all types across different asset classes at the company and fund level.
- Sustainalytics’ Corporate Solutions unit works with hundreds of companies and their financial intermediaries to help them consider sustainability in policies, practices and capital projects.
Sustainablytics Global Stats
- Clients: 1,000+
- Asset Managers served: 18 of the Top 20
- Team Members: 1,800+
- Engagement Cases resolved in 2021: 70+
- Companies covered: 20,000+
- 172 Countries covered: 172
- Research Analysts: 800+
- Global Offices: 17
- News Items monitored daily: 700,000+
UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs Implementation Solutions
Are the solutions very simple: responding as individuals and groups, boycott, censure, expose… with your time, money, services, other resources… any entities that fail to comply with the UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs that sustainably preserve and protect Humanity and Humanity’s Global Ecosystem?
Where should Humanity’s boycotts, censures, reports… begin: investments, employment, products, services… for companies, governments, jurisdictions… that are globally recognized as not fully compliant with UNSDG|SR|ESG performance goals, metrics, principles… that belong to the following industries; some non-compliant for more than 50 years?
- Fossil Fuels
- Junk Food:
- Carbonated sugar water
- Fast food
- Highly processed food
- Military Weapons:
- Global trade
- Privately owned
- Nuclear Energy
Should Humanity boycott, censure, report… entities including companies, governments, jurisdictions… that promote, protect, trade… with non-compliant industries like?
- Accounting Services
- Ad Agencies
- Investment Services
- Legal Services
- Political Parties
Should Humanity boycott, censure, report… individuals that actively endorse, promote, support… non-compliant companies, products, services… publicly for personal gain?
Why do Fossils claim that investment funds should not have the right as shareholder groups to force companies to comply with UNSDG|SR|ESG GPVs; is that not a main responsibility of shareholders?
Why do those same Fossils support their right to Lobbies that buy government policies that overwhelmingly support Fossil agendas including corporate socialism, deregulation, taxation…?
Are the Fossils' Scorecards and Metrics of Success Myths?
The Fossils (Businesses, Politicians, Citizens…) like to pretend and have everyone else believe that it is not about the money. It is just about the game they claim. Money, not comprehensive financial statements, is their scorecard. The Fossils claim to obey all the laws, neglecting to mention that their Lobbies paid for those laws including preferential: elections, justice, oversight, Fossil Socialism, taxation…
Examples of Fossil Lobbies:
- Election Lobbies: gifts, campaign contributions…
- Lobbies for government bailouts, grants, subsidies… for:
- Business losses including: bankruptcies; unethical, unsustainable, incompetent, illegal, immoral… practices
- Reduced legitimate business expenses
- Business infrastructure
- Resource exploration
- R&D, RD&D, IP
- Lobbies for tax: credits, exemptions, loopholes
- Lobbies against independent oversight for:
- Citizen rights including:
- Social security
- Consumer protection
- Ecosystem protection
- Fair, ethical, sustainable… business practices including:
- Reasonable executive compensation, equity, severance packages…
- Reasonable employee living wages, benefits, working conditions…
- Citizen rights including:
The Fossils claim that a democratic constitution guarantees their right to free speech. The Fossils also claim that free speech guarantees their right to misinformation including lies without accountability or consequences. Explicit examples of these claims:
- Abusive use of the media like:
- Internet: Facebook, Twitter
- Print news
- Broadcast news
- Abusive use of internal research, reports… on:
- All business practices
Does a Democratic Constitution guarantee the right to free speech without accountability, without responsibility for what one says and how one says it, without responsibility for the truth…?
Let’s look at the real versus the cheater scorecards. Let’s follow the money or equivalently the Fossils’ financial statements to help to determine the truth. An immediate obvious observation of the Fossils’ scorecards of financial success: all the negative consequences of their actions to the rest of humanity are ignored; someone else, usually the Fair Share Taxpayers, pay for those consequences.
- Who loves humanity? Can you love your family and friends without loving humanity and where humanity lives?
- Who pays their fair share of taxes?
- Who supports independent oversight in everything they do?
- Who supports ethics in whatever they do?
- Who supports sustainability in whatever they do?
- Who supports a healthy ecosystem in whatever they do?
- Who supports a healthy humanity in whatever they do?
Humanity: Financial Statements
Is Humanity and Humanity’s Ecosystem, more than 4 Billion Years in the Making, being Decimated in Less than 100 Years by the Fossils?
Business Fossils: Financial Statements
Do They Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes?
Political Fossils: Financial Statements
Do They Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes?
Do they actually represent the best interests, values… of the citizens of their democracy, their electorate or do they, in fact, represents their own best interests, values…?
Citizen Fossils: Financial Statements
Do They Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes?
Does their net worth benefit from all the Lobbies many of which they fund?
Fair Share Taxpayers: Financial Statements
Who Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes
Is the Fossils' Philanthropy and Interest in the Welfare of Humanity a Myth?
What is the source of Philanthropic money?
Does it actually belong to the FSTs?
Is Canadian Healthcare a Myth?
* Comming soon…
What is The Scientific Method | The Truth Method?
The Scientific Method | The Truth Method
Following is a brief description of The Scientific Method. Reasons are given for the recommendation of a more generic name like The Truth Method for all other human activities except Science.
Summary of The Scientific Method
- Goal: minimize the influence of bias, prejudice, opinion… on data, facts, truth…
- Ask question(s): Who, What, Where, When, Why, How, How Much…(W5)
- Background research: observe; gather information, data, resources…
- Hypothesize: formulate, modify… an explanation or hypothesis
- Procedure: test the hypothesis by performing experiments, collecting data… in a reproducible manner
- Analysis: analyze the data
- Evaluate: interpret the data, draw conclusions… that serve as a starting point for new hypotheses
- Evaluate: communicate, present, publish… the results for independent peer review, evaluation…
- Repeat of the whole process: independent ongoing peer review assessment, testing, verification… of the data, facts, truth… by the community
- Derivation of new questions; iterate, repeat… the hypotheses, procedures, predictions
Equivalence: The Scientific Method = The Truth Method
SE3LLC proposes to also call The Scientific Method, The Truth Method
Why we should use a more generic name like The Truth Method for all human attempts in all other fields to discover the Truth.
- The steps used to determine the data – facts – knowledge – truth… in any and all human activities are the same steps used in The Scientific Method.
- The critical component in each step of the process is independent expert peer review or oversight: independent verification to determine the difference between data – facts – knowledge – truth and opinions.
Scientific Reports, Publications…
A scientific report for professional evaluation, peer review, conference – education – seminar presentation, publication… in a respected journal has the following components:
- Date, Authors Contact Information
- Abstract, Summary
- Table of Contents
- Review of Literature, Research
- Materials, Methodology
- Results, Analysis
- Future Scope
- Supplementary Data
Examples of The Truth Method
Board of Directors
Is an independent board of directors responsible to the shareholders, the clients, the earth… in the context of a just, ethical, sustainable… society just a myth; are too many boards filled with incestuous cronies of the self-serving greedy owners, executives and other controlling interests?
Is the composition of board members fortunately changing dramatically as Billions of investment dollars migrate to ethical, socially responsible, sustainable ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) businesses?
Is decisive divestiture a powerful message to deliver to recalcitrant businesses and other organizations that fail to operate ethically, sustainably, fairly… with independent oversight in the best interests of humanity, their employees and their clients?
Are Business audits at all levels from internal departmental audits, to external independent audits of all aspects of a business… to independent government tax audits excellent examples of independent oversight?
- Do we need a revised metric of business success?
- Is the historical metric, money, a necessary, sufficient & only measure of success?
- Or should a more just & valid measure of business success include ethics, sustainability, externalized costs, damage costs…?
Books, Literature, Professional Literature
Can you improve your selection of all books, by following the principles of The Truth Method – the most important principle being independent peer review?
The engineering design process follows The Truth Method including critical ongoing independent oversight. A summary of the steps in the process is:
- Understand: define the problem
- Explore: gather information; identify possible solutions
- Research: generate ideas; explore possibilities
- Establish criteria, constraints
- Consider: alternatives; constraints
- Select the most promising approach
- Develop a design proposal
- Make: model; prototype
- Test, evaluate the prototype
- Refine the design
- Create a solution
- Communicate the results
Government oversight is a good example of the use of The Truth Method on behalf of the taxpayers who actually pay their fair share of the bills for: environmental protection, consumer protection, quality education, quality healthcare, legal regulations for a secure – safe – stable… society, social justice
The law is an interesting example of a failed attempt to apply The Truth Method.
- Can all judges be experts in the many fields of expertise required to be a good judge? Important corollaries:
- Are lifetime appointments judicious?
- Are political appointments judicious?
- Is the Jury of 12 independents: often not independent; often more favorable to one or other of the protagonists because of the rules of jury selection; even more often, increasingly lacking the qualifications necessary to evaluate the increasingly complex evidence?
- Are the statements of expert witnesses independently peer reviewed; is their expertise often challenged only by a clever legal advocacy system?
- Is the primary mission of lawyers or advocates to distort the facts in favor of their clients?
Do the news networks universally have a very poor understanding of scientific reporting?
- Does the news media give science the same %’s of reporting time as many other less important human activities?
- Does the news media usually solicit differing opinions on the validity of peer reviewed scientific conclusions from non-experts?
- Are their “self-proclaimed experts” usually not qualified to comment on the topics under review like climate change, a symptom of severe biospheric damage requiring detailed, disciplined, elaborate, extensive data, analysis, understanding…?
- Is Science a data – fact – knowledge – truth based activity?
- Or is Science an advocacy system like politics based on unqualified differing opinions?
Science falls down heavily in the field of public education. The cost to Science, Humanity, the Biosphere… is huge:
- Failure to secure adequate, much less optimal, public and private funding
- Failure to guarantee that science informs all human activities including: biosphere; business; education; ethics; government; healthcare; law; news; politics; religion…
- Failure to attract the best and the brightest to the scientific professions
Mathematical Models (Historically called Theories) vs Experiment
One very big failing in public education that needs to be rectified is the difference between experiment and theory. The public understands what experiments are. The public does not understand what scientific theory is. To the public, theory means hypothetical, unproven…
In science, theories mean mathematical models that are not hypothetical. In fact, mathematical models are mathematical one-to-one correspondences between experimental variables and mathematical variables. Both are sets of numbers, one set determined by experiment or actual measurement, the other set determined by mathematical analysis using human minds, pencil & paper, slide rules, calculators, computers…
The mathematical models are used to understand experimental results, improve experiments, and to suggest new experiments. The experiments are used to understand, to improve and to suggest modified or new mathematical models.
The key generic steps to solving all problems are:
- Understand the problem
- Identify & review the best existing solutions
- Determine if any can be applied to the current problem
- Determine if any can be modified to provide a solution to the current problem
- Determine if a new solution is required
- Avoid at all costs tunnel vision identified by some of our greatest thinkers as the single greatest obstacle to a new solution paradigm
What is the Study of Logic? What are Logical Fallacies? How are Logical Fallacies Used?
This is not a treatise or even a discourse on logic. This is just a reminder that logic may be the single most important foundational subject in all of education. Following are a few statements about the most important properties of logic. The statements are a reminder of the importance of all logic skills to self-sufficient, autonomous thinking beings. Historically, logic has been an essential component of any truly educated human being.
- Logical thinking is a skill to be developed and nurtured.
- Logic is the science of the principles and the laws of correct thinking
- Logic teaches the difference between reason and fallacy on the rocky road to the truth.
- A main goal of logic is to identify correct and incorrect thinking, inferences, conclusions.
- Logic informs and influences every decision that humanity makes.
- Logic is the science and the art of reasoning well: as a science, logic seeks to discover the rules of correct reasoning; as an art, logic seeks to apply those rules to rational discourse to help determine the truth.
- Logic is the ability to think in a disciplined manner to base thoughts and analysis on facts and evidence to determine what are valid conclusions.
One list of generic logic types is:
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Abductive Reasoning
- Metaphoric Reasoning
Another list of generic logic types is:
- Informal Logic
- Formal Logic
- Symbolic Logic
- Mathematical Logic
SE3LLC will elaborate later on the generic logic types as needed by the corporate goals.
Some Logical Fallacies follow:
These are the tools that the Fossils use to disparage, to deny, and even to try to bury Scientific Truths that are Inconvenient to their self-serving greedy lifestyles and bottom lines.
- Ad Hominem
- Anecdotal Evidence
- Appeal to Authority
- Appeal to Ignorance
- Appeal to Pity
- Bandwagon Evidence
- Burden of Proof
- Circular Argument
- Fallacy Fallacy
- False Correlation to Causality
- False Dichotomy
- False Dilemma
- False Generalization
- False Metric
- Middle Ground
- No True Scotsman
- Personal Incredulity
- Red Herring
- Relativity of Facts & Truths
- Slippery Slope
- Slothful Induction
- Strawman Argument
- Sunk Costs
- Texas Sharpshooter
- Tu Quoque
As needed by the corporate goals, SE3LLC will elaborate later on each Logical Fallacy, each a Fossil Oxymoron, sufficient to inoculate each and every concerned SE3LLC citizen against the barrage of never ending deceptions and lies.
Is SE3LLC Possible without Justice?
Justice is a planet imperative. We must move beyond setting goals. We must enact strategies that deliver change and action. We need a new business model, a new economic system, new definitive actions… that create long-term value for businesses & their stakeholders, society, humanity, our planet…
Reuters Events – Sustainable Business: routinely convene 4,000+ (& growing) business, policy, investment, sustainability… leaders who are driving change to share new strategies and solutions on how business can innovate, invest, collaborate… to lead to a new just future for humanity and for our planet
Critical imperatives must include:
- When an individual borrows money from a bank, personal guarantees, securities… are required for 100% of the loan; when banks borrow money from an individual, why are bank guarantees only a fraction of the actual amount, up to at most $100,000 irrespetive of the size of the loan?
- When prime was high double digits, credit card interest rates rose to 20-28% per annum compounded monthly; with prime now low single digits, why have credit card rates remained the same or gone higher?
- Does Any Human Entity – Individual, Association, Corporation, Government, Society… – have the Right to Destroy the Biosphere that Belongs to All Humanity, Past, Present, Future…?
- Payment of All the Historical & Ongoing Costs of Damage, Destruction, Restoration… of the Biosphere by those Responsible. Corollaries:
- Payment of All the Historical & Ongoing Associated Healthcare & Reduced Quality of Life Costs
- Payment of All the Historical & Ongoing Associated Property Damage Costs
- Payment of All the Historical & Ongoing Associated Extra Economic Costs
- Payment of All the Historical & Ongoing Associated Military Costs
- The Rights of All Humanity to a Healthy, Inspirational, Livable, Productive, Vibrant, Sustainable… Planet: Clean Air, Clean Land, Clean Water, Clean Society…
- Fair Taxation of All including Rich People & Corporations
- Living Wages for All including Fair Equity Participation
- Affordable, Dignified… Housing for All
- Equality before the Law Independent of Station in Life
- Rational Gun Laws & Control that Protect all Humanity
- Human Rights
- Independent Government Funding of All Elections
- Proportional Representation in All Branches – Executive, Legislative, Judicial – of Government
- The Elimination of All Special Interest Groups including All Lobbies
- Professional Skills, Training, Standards (Performance, Ethics…) Certification… for All Politicians
- A Mechanism for the Removal of Incompetent & Criminal Politicians that do not serve their Country
- The Recognition of What Science has Contributed to Humanity
- Support of Independent Expert Peer Review & Oversight across all Sectors of Society
- Give the Respect Deserved to One of the Greatest Ongoing Human Enterprises: Most of Us do not Leave the Maternity Ward, Have a Miraculous Quality of Life, Live to be a Senior Citizen without Science
- The Elimination of Lies & Deceit particularly as applied to Inconvenient Truths
- Public Education
- Public Healthcare
- Old Age Security
Overriding Principles: Dignity, Ethics, Self-Sufficiency, Sustainability
A Recognition that Independent Oversight by Expert Peer Review is Critical to All Forms of Justice. An Effective Implementation Agenda for Independent Expert Peer Review Everywhere Possible.
FAQ: Sustainable Earth 3.0
Overview: About Discovering Our Place in Nature & the Cosmos, & Our Only Possible Future
Reference: David Suzuki with Amanda McConnell & Adrienne Mason “The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering Our Place in Nature: Updated & Expanded” (Greystone Books, 2007)
This is an answer to the many questions from many concerned citizens of Earth about discovering our place in the Cosmos and our only possible future.
A must for all citizens of Earth to develop a fundamental appreciation and understanding of the complex and delicately balanced natural, technological, and sustainable history of our home, Planet Earth 3.0, is the referenced very readable book. SMG and the authors of the book are dedicated to answering all the questions you might have related to the subject of this book.
Included in the book are basic explorations of the following Earth topics:
- Cosmological history: stardust, stars, galaxies, planetary systems
- Cosmological energy sources: electromagnetism, gravity, nuclear
- Primary earth energy sources: the Sun and derived sources like solar heat, solar electricity, hydroelectricity – a form of solar energy that uses the gravitational potential energy of evaporation, waves, wind
- Geological history: origins of the substances that support all life: air, water, soil, energy (symbolically fire)
- Evolution of life: biosphere, ecological systems, delicate balances that support life
- Relationships: biodiversity & ecological stability, genetic blueprint & evolutionary unity
- Cultural & social diversity, communities
- Knowledge & education: art & architecture, economics, engineering, government, history, languages, literature, mathematics, medicine, music, philosophy, psychology, science, sociology
- Agriculture, industry, trade
- A New Millennium: Sustainability & Self-Sufficiency
Are entrenched supporters of only the fossil fuel industries, and not a revolutionary or even evolutionary sustainable, renewable energy path forward for Earth, playing with the Forces and Laws of Nature with the most profound and dangerous form of Ignorance – Ignorance of One’s Ignorance?
Is the coming Sustainable Earth 3.0 Age based on Renewable Energy at least 100x larger and more profound than the Information Age we are passing through; are the Opportunities of the New Age at least 100x larger and more profound?
Is it time for our next generation to tell our current generation:
- “About the Future We Want and We Deserve!”
- “Help Us, or Just Get Out of Our Way – Our Future is Unstoppable!”
- “We Are Not Afraid! Are You?”
- “The Resurrection of Sustainable Earth has Begun”
- “Are We Brave Enough to See It?”
- “Are We Brave Enough to Be It?”
How Can We Protect Our Home Planet & Facilitate the Transition to a Sustainable Earth 3.0?
- Support universal public education, recognized by the Greeks, the US founding fathers, others… as a fundamental requirement of a sustainable democracy:
- Can corporations whose only goal is the enrichment of their executives and shareholders provide this service at a fair affordable price for all?
- Education for women is a fundamental corollary of human rights are women’s rights:
- A likely consequence is sustainable population control.
- Support universal proactive healthcare, a fundamental requirement of a productive healthy, safe, secure, sustainable democracy:
- Can corporations whose only goal is the enrichment of their executives and shareholders provide this service at a fair affordable price for all?
- Their corporate mandate is retroactive expensive medical care – cure vs prevention.
- Can corporations whose only goal is the enrichment of their executives and shareholders provide this service at a fair affordable price for all?
- Energy supply and demand:
- Comprehensive energy use audits by jurisdictions and sectors:
- Districts or states
- Sectors – RCIT
- End use and supply
- The audit becomes the basis for your energy investment portfolio.
- As with all investment portfolios, the purchase – implementation plan is based on the highest ROI:
- Net % and total $
- The following generalized energy investment criteria can be used to help to identify those investments with the greatest ROI in descending order:
- Energy saving
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Low emissions
- An effective plan based on EEU and renewable sustainable energy supplies by sectors and jurisdictions.
- Comprehensive energy use audits by jurisdictions and sectors:
- Lifestyle changes:
- Shorter distances between home and work, other daily activities…
- Transportation: walking, biking, mass transit, uber transit…
- Food based on proactive wellness and environmental impact including sustainability:
- Vegetable protein requires 7-10x less feedstock, energy… than the same amount of animal protein.
- Sustainable organic natural foods based on the evolution of the human organism: no toxic chemicals – fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides…
- Recycling, using materials in all activities that can be recycled
- Doing more with less
- Use LCC economics in all your decision making:
- What are the true life cycle costs of all that you do and all that you use to the ecology of a Sustainable Earth and all of the inhabitants?
- Ethical consumer choices:
- Voting with your $
- Many of the best options for lifestyle choices
- Many of the same choices as under the next item ethical value investment
- Ethical sustainable value investment, stock portfolio choices… in support of all sustainability options:
- Recognition of the power of voting with your $
- More and more being supported by banks, institutions, mutual funds, pension funds, trusts, other financial institutions…
- Recognition of the realities of fair and honest LCC bookkeeping and economics
- Recognition of the power of divestiture, examples:
- Eliminate tobacco and other proven cancer and disease producing stocks from your portfolio.
- Eliminate organizations from your portfolio that operate unethically, if not illegally, like those responsible for the 2007-2008 financial crisis and those that implement practices like memberships without the individual’s consent.
- Eliminate biosphere damaging – air, land, water – fossil fuel stocks from your portfolio.
- Eliminate junk food stocks like carbonated soft drinks & other heavily processed snack foods that are detrimental to wellness from your portfolio.
- Eliminate transportation stocks from your portfolio like aircraft, automobile, bus, rail, ship, truck… manufacturers that are: not using aggressive EEU standards in all aspects of their business; not using renewable energy to build and to fuel their energy efficient and recyclable vehicles.
- Support all investments that do not pollute any part of our planet.
- Stock portfolio choices: very powerful voting with your $ options; much more powerful for individuals than politics where you only have 1 vote & the democratic process is currently owned by the rich; active participation in the political process should not be neglected even though the odds are stacked decdely againast you.
- Additional examples of possible EEU and sustainable energy technologies to be used and to be included in your portfolio:
- Energy Supplies:
- Cleaner fuels for the transition to a Sustainable Earth: possibly natural gas
- Clean renewable sustainable energy supplies: rain, solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, wave
- Accommodation, personal: higher density, shared, multi-function
- Vehicles, personal: alternate, shared, mass transit
- Low LCC EEU technologies
- Appliances, electronics
- Energy use management systems: programmable heating & cooling, appliances, lighting
- Home design, remodeling: types, landscaping
- Lighting, day-lighting
- Space heating & cooling
- Water heating
- Weatherization: audits, insulation, infiltration, ventilation
- Windows, doors, skylights
- Energy Supplies:
How Can We Respond & Benefit ProactivelyY? What is the SMG Vision of the Future?
The answers to the first question – how to respond and benefit proactively – are:
- Education – Training, Education – Training, Education – Training
- Respect, trust, support for our Scientific Community and the use of the Scientific Method for the acquisition of knowledge, facts, truth, understanding
- Recognition that without our Scientific Community and the Scientific Method civilization would still be in caves
- Without Medical Science alone, most of us over the age of 25 would not be alive today
- Without Physics, there would be:
- No transistor, no solid state electronics, no computers and smartphones, no information age, no internet
- No photovoltaics, semiconductors optimized to convert sunlight into electricity
- No fundamental understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum that permeates all of everyday life
- No medical diagnostic tools
- No understanding of the genome, the architecture of all life as we know it, and the foundation of all future wellness and healthcare
- No understanding of evolution that gives profound meaning to all of our lives
- No understanding of the origin (The Big Bang) and the structure of the universe, and our place in it
- No understanding of how we are all made of stardust from exploding stars, the source of the heavier elements in the periodic table
- No understanding of the difference between climate and weather
- No understanding of entropy and the laws of thermodynamics, and their relevance to the ecology of our biosphere.
- Without Science, all of the predictions in the following article would not even be dreams.
- To quote the Pope and his Scientific Council, an excellent precedent for all who love knowledge and truth: “Science trumps religion” and “Science trumps the opinions of all – businesses, media, politicians, reporters, others – who think opinions or anecdotes have any validity, relevance or meaning in the search for scientific truth (SMG clarification of the Scientific Method)”.
- If you want proactive help with your future contact SMG.
The answer to the second question is well presented by the following article by Dr Robert M Goldman reproduced here in its entirety with some changes and additions.
SMG highly recommends planning your future using the intelligence and insight contained in this article.
SMG adds Sustainable Earth 3.0 as the “sine qua non” to these predictions.
Reference: Future Predictions (Dr Robert M Goldman, 2016-06-017)
Digital Images, Video, The Future
In 1998, Kodak had 170,000 employees and sold 85% of all photo paper worldwide. Within just a few years, their business model disappeared and they went bankrupt. What happened to Kodak will happen in a lot of industries in the next 10 years – and most people don’t see it coming.
Did you think in 1998 that 3 years later you would never take pictures on paper film again? Yet digital cameras were invented in 1975. The first ones only had 10,000 pixels, but followed Moore’s law. With today’s smartphones, who even has a camera these days? So as with all exponential technologies, it was a disappointment for a long time, before it became way superior and got mainstream in only a few short years.
It will now happen with energy, artificial intelligence, health, autonomous and electric cars, education, 3D printing, agriculture and jobs. Welcome to the 4th Industrial Revolution. Welcome to the Exponential Age.
Software will disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.
Uber is just a software tool, they don’t own any cars, and are now the biggest taxi company in the world. Did taxi companies see that coming?
Airbnb is now the biggest hotel company in the world, although they don’t own any properties. Did hotel companies see that coming?
Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems
Computers have become exponentially better in understanding some of the world. Recently, a computer beat the best Go player in the world, 10 years earlier than expected.
In the US, young lawyers already don’t get jobs. Because of IBM Watson, you can get legal advice (so far for more or less basic stuff) within seconds, with 90% accuracy compared with 70% accuracy when done by humans. So if you study law, stop immediately. There will be 90% fewer lawyers in the future. Only specialists will remain.
Watson already helps nurses diagnosing cancer, 4 time more accurate than human nurses.
Facebook now has a pattern recognition software that can recognize faces better than humans. By 2030, computers will become more intelligent than humans.
Computers can be unplugged.
In 2018 the first self-driving cars will appear for the public. Around 2020, the entire industry will start to be disrupted. You won’t want to own a car anymore. You will call a car with your phone. It will show up at your location and drive you to your destination. You will not need to park it. You only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving. Today’s children will never get a driver’s license and will never own a car.
This will change the cities. We will need 90-95% fewer cars. We can transform former parking space into parks.
About 1.2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide. We now have one accident every 100,000 km. With autonomous driving that will drop to one accident in 10 million km. That will save more than a million lives each year.
Most car companies may come bankrupt. Traditional car companies will be evolutionary; just build a better car. Tech companies like Tesla, Apple, Google… will be revolutionary; build a computer on wheels.
Many engineers from Volkswagen, Audi… are terrified of Tesla and other companies that only offer EV‘s.
Insurance Companies will have massive trouble because without accidents, the insurance will become 100x cheaper. Their car insurance business model will disappear.
Real estate will change. Because if you can work while you commute, people will move further away to live in a more beautiful neighborhood.
Electric cars won’t become mainstream until 2020.
Cities will be less noisy because all cars will run on electricity.
Electricity will become incredibly cheap and clean: solar production has been on an exponential curve for 30 years, but you can only now see the impact. Last year, more solar energy was installed worldwide than fossil fuel energy. The price for solar will drop so much that all coal companies will be out of business by 2025.
With cheap electricity comes cheap and abundant water. Desalination now only needs 2 kWh per cubic meter. We don’t have scarce water in most places, we only have scarce drinking water. Imagine what will be possible if anyone can have as much clean water as he wants, for nearly no cost.
There will be companies that will build a medical device (called the “Tricorder” from Star Trek) that works with your phone, which takes your retina scan, your blood sample and you breathe into it. It then analyses 54 bio-markers that will identify nearly any disease. It will be so cheap that in a few years everyone on this planet will have access to world class medicine, nearly for free. Phone healthcare apps are growing and improving rapidly.
Healthcare, Wellness: Longevity
Right now, the average lifespan increases by 3 months per year. Four years ago, the life span used to be 79 years, now it’s 80 years. The increase itself is increasing and by 2036, there will be more than one year increase per year. So we all might live for a long long time, probably way more than 100.
3D Printing, Manufacturing, Robotics
The price of the cheapest 3D printer came down from $18,000 to $400 within 10 years. In the same time, it became 100 times faster. All major shoe companies started 3D printing shoes. Spare airplane parts are already 3D printed in remote airports. The space station now has a printer that eliminates the need for the large number of spare parts they used to have in the past.
At the end of this year, new smart phones will have 3D scanning possibilities. You can then 3D scan your feet and print your perfect shoe at home. In China, they already 3D printed a complete 6-story office building. By 2027, 10% of everything that’s being produced will be 3D printed.
If you think of a niche you want to go into, ask yourself: “in the future, do you think we will have that?” and if the answer is yes, how can you make that happen sooner? If it doesn’t work with your phone, forget the idea. And any idea designed for success in the 20th century is doomed to failure in the 21st century.
Work, Jobs, Robotics
70-80% of jobs will disappear in the next 20 years. There will be a lot of new jobs, but it is not clear if there will be enough new jobs in such a small time.
There will be a $100 agricultural robot in the future. Farmers in 3rd world countries can then become managers of their field instead of working all days on their fields. Agroponics will need much less water. The first Petri dish produced veal is now available and will be cheaper than cow-produced veal in 2018. Right now, 30% of all agricultural surfaces is used for cows. Imagine if we don’t need that space anymore. There are several startups that will bring insect protein to the market shortly. It contains more protein than meat. It will be labeled as “alternative protein source” (because most people still reject the idea of eating insects).
Psychology, Forensics, Wellness
There is an app called “moodies” which can already tell in which mood you are. By 2020 there will be apps that can tell by your facial expressions if you are lying. Imagine a political debate where it’s being displayed when they are telling the truth and when not.
Finance, Retail, Banking
Bitcoin will become mainstream this year and might even become the default reserve currency.
The cheapest smartphones are already at $10 in Africa and Asia. By 2020, 70% of all humans will own a smart phone. That means, everyone has the same access to world class education.
FAQ: Tough Love
Bill Gates (BG3) + Warren Buffett (WB)
- What do you know about the laws of thermodynamics and their relationship to energy, efficiency, efficacy, entropy, information, the biosphere, the environment, life on this planet, jobs…?
- Should the laws of thermodynamics help determine the energy policy of the Gates Foundation?
- Should the laws of thermodynamics help determine the energy policy of Intellectual Ventures, LLC?
- Should the laws of thermodynamics help determine the energy technology investment policies of the Gates family, other world leaders, all political jurisdictions?
- An example: does the Gates family cut their butter with a chainsaw?
- Another example: what are the true costs of nuclear energy including the thermal pollution footprint?
- Where are Ethical, Sustainable, Net Wealth Producing Jobs – Hint: in the US, Renewable Sustainable Energy including EEU employs more people than oil, coal, and gas combined (Reference: U.S. Energy and Employment Report (USDOE, January 2017)?
- How many sustainable jobs are created by: an economy based on the destruction of our home Planet?
- Are non sustainable jobs that seriously damage our Planet the types of jobs we want and need; are these types of jobs net wealth producers, or do they seriously penalize or even eliminate the future?
- Do you know the total employment and job creation facts for the Energy sector that includes – the first 2 are the Traditional Energy sector:
- Electric Power Generation and Fuels
- Transmission, Distribution, and Storage
- Energy Efficiency
- Motor Vehicles
- Are world leaders focusing their job creation efforts on a Sustainable Future, on the Energy sectors with the greatest growth potential, the greatest opportunities for net wealth production, and the greatest possible health, prosperity, and welfare for all Earth 3.0 citizens?
- Does Earth 3.0 need more chess or checkers players, or at least citizens and leaders that know the difference?
- What can Earth 3.0 chess players do in a world full of checkers players?
- Earth 3.0: is there any other option for your family and your friends, for all that you love?
- The Gates Foundation is looking to help prevent or cure some epidemics – have you examined:
- The pervasive pollution pandemic attacking our home Earth 3.0?
- The pervasive ignorance pandemic of Science, what Science does and how well it does it, and the contribution of Science to the quality of all life on Earth 3.0? As examples, consider:
- Medical Science and all the diagnostic tools that have come from Physics?
- The semiconductor, the transistor, integrated circuits, PC‘s, smartphones, the Internet, the Information Age?
- The ethical and moral pandemic in politics, business, education, healthcare exemplified by:
- Corporate greed, corporate welfare, corporate socialism: the ends, executive and shareholder wealth, justify any means?
- The distortion of the true meaning of Government for and by the people?
Warren Buffett (WB)
Reference: The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing (Benjamin Graham, 1949, Revised 2006-02-21)
WB considers this reference by his mentor the best book of all time on value investing. SMG is currently not aware that the following questions have ever been asked of WB anyplace in the media or during any of his many interviews including those by some of the brightest students at some of the best universities in the world. These questions are asked here because of the great respect he commands in all of us, and the great influence he has on the leadership of the world – business, economics, education, government, investment. They are asked with the profound hope that his answers will facilitate the rapid transition to a Sustainable, Ethical, Just, Earth 3.0 for All. The questions are:
- Are ethics and sustainability mentioned anywhere in the referenced book?
- Should ethics and sustainability be important qualities of value investing?
- If so, is Coca Cola, your stated “greatest investment success”, ethical or sustainable?
- What about the business practices of Wells Fargo, another of “your greater investment successes”?
- What about the business practices of the fossil fuel industries?
- What about the business practices of the Alberta tar sands?
- What about the business practices of Nevada Energy?
- Do you agree that the USA is the most socialistic – corporate welfare | corporate socialism – country in the world?
- Do you agree with corporate welfare | corporate socialism?
- What if subsidies are greater to one industry like fossil fuels than to another like sustainable, renewable energy that straight up is cheaper, cleaner, more abundant and usable, a greater source of new jobs, better for the biosphere, better for the health of the inhabitants of the planet, in summary better for Planet Earth 3.0?
- Who actually pays for the real costs of doing business when public funds, tax revenues, are used to pay for externalized corporate costs?
- Examples of externalized business costs: extra healthcare costs caused by environmental damage, serious irreversible ecosystem damage, corporate losses, R&D, exploration, foreign labor… ?
- How are the marketplace and society affected by these subsidies?
- Can businesses whose corporate goal is to enhance executive and shareholder wealth realistically serve the best interests of public education and public healthcare, foundations of a just, intelligent, healthy democracy?
- Do you know enough about Canada and the Global ecology to:
- Unequivocally state what is right for Canada and what is right for world ecology and health with respect to the sale of Canadian natural resources?
- Evaluate the consequences of your investments for the ecology, the people, and all other lifeforms of Earth 3.0?
- In good conscience continue to neglect these consequences?
- Do your accountants, lawyers, and other advisers provide you with the framework and standards to make good ethical, sustainable, scientific business investment decisions?
- Do you like the Pope have a scientific advisory to inform you about scientific matters, the scientific method, relevant scientific truths, and the scientific community particularly as they relate to ethical and sustainable business, government, education, investment, social decisions?
- Does WB Trump Science or does Science trump WB?
- If someone could teach you to waltz, would you dance with them?
Canada: Prime Minister (CAPM) | AB Premier (ABPR) | Other Politicians & Their Cronies | Fossil Fuel Industry Junkies
A Canadian VAE | The AVRO Arrow | The Alberta Tar Sands | Renewable Energy | Sustainable Earth 3.0 | Ethical, Sustainable, Net Wealth Producing Jobs | Scientific Facts, Knowledge, Truth | Ethical & Moral Authority
- How many independent scientists do you have in your entourage when you are promoting your Alberta tar sands agenda?
- Do you know that you have one of the best independent scientific communities in the world to advise you on scientific facts, knowledge, truth?
- Do you really understand the importance to science | the scientific method | scientific facts, knowledge, truth of independent expertise?
- Would it not be wise, and in the best interests of the Canadian people who employ you, the rest of the world, and a Sustainable Planet Earth 3.0, to include independent scientific evaluation of the total LCC and consequences of your tar sands agenda?
- Isn’t asking only fossil fuel industry executives | shareholders | employees | Alberta politicians | other industry cronies about your tar sands agenda like asking the fox in the hen house if the chickens are going to be OK?
- Do you really understand the meaning of a VAE?
- Did any of your predecessors in the Prime Minister’s office dating back to WW2, and another of Canada’s greatest moments in history, the AVRO Canada Arrow Program (1949-1959), really understand the meaning of a VAE?
- Did any of you know that the Arrow was and still is one of the top 5 supersonic jet aircraft in the history of the world?
- Did any of you know the consequences to the Canadian economy | the Canadian aerospace industry | the Canadian commercial aviation industry, including air-frames | jet engines | navigation | passenger jets | the Canadian space program of the cancellation of the Arrow program under extreme pressure from the US government to just be their source for natural resources, just buy their outdated missile technology: ” No need for Canada to manufacture a supersonic jet interceptor superior in every way to all US jets then and now; we will take care of you”?
- Did you know that when the program was cancelled by the Canadian Government, AVRO Canada had European orders for 500+ Arrow technology based jet engines?
- Did you know that the Arrow design team, one of the best in the history of the world, was an absolutely essential component of the heart of the US space program?
- Did you know that after the complete demolition of the AVRO Arrow by the Canadian Government, essentially all of the AVRO Canada personnel were hired by the US aerospace industry?
- Does selling non-sustainable, non-renewable natural resource assets increase the value of the Canadian Balance Sheet: at all; as much as building enterprises based on those resources?
- Why are China, the US, other countries buying those resources; can we learn from them?
- Why are we building the infrastructures to ship our natural resources to China and the US; and then buying them back at elevated prices as raw material components of foreign manufactured products?
- Why not build:
- a Canadian tar sands refinery and co-generation power plant;
- an efficient and evolving renewable electrical energy supply industry with market driven derivative industries?
- Is copper wire a cheaper, cleaner, safer carrier of energy for a sustainable planet than fossil fuel pipelines?
- What is the transportation EEU% of fossil fuels burned in an ICE; burned in a centralized power plant generating electricity for transportation; burned in a centralized co-generation power plant generating electricity for transportation and heat for other processes? Hint: 25% – 50% – 60+%
- What is the net pollution reduction of the air | land | water following this agenda? Hint – see 5.e: centralized power plant ~ 0.5 x ICE pollution | centralized co-generation power plant ~ 0.4 x ICE pollution.
- What are the consequences to the Canadian$, the Canadian economy, the Canadian people, and a Sustainable Planet Earth 3.0 of this VAE agenda?
- Can we co-develop the Alberta tar sands and EEU resources with other Canadian EEU resources, Renewables1 & Renewables2, for the following applications to name just two?
- Do you know that Google data farms, symbolically the Cloud, are: the largest users of electricity in the world; looking for good locations with cheap, clean, reliable, efficient renewable energy?
- Do you know the size of the electrified vehicle market in North America alone?
- Where are Ethical, Sustainable, Net Wealth Producing Jobs – Hint: in the US, Renewable Sustainable Energy including EEU employs more people than oil, coal, and gas combined (Reference: U.S. Energy and Employment Report (USDOE, January 2017))?
- How many sustainable jobs are created by: an economy based on the sale of natural resources; a VAE?
- How many sustainable jobs are created by manufacturing and production based economies that use natural resources as their raw materials; why are we shipping our resources to other countries?
- Are non sustainable jobs that seriously damage our Planet the types of jobs we want and need; are these types of jobs net wealth producers?
- Do you know the total employment and job creation facts for the Energy sector that includes – the first 2 are the Traditional Energy sector:
- Electric Power Generation and Fuels
- Transmission, Distribution, and Storage
- Energy Efficiency
- Motor Vehicles
- Are you focusing your job creation efforts on a Sustainable Future, on the Energy sectors with the greatest growth potential and the greatest opportunities for net wealth production?
- Do you love facts, knowledge, truth?
- Do you think that you can hide facts, knowledge, truth?
- Do you think that you can muzzle facts, knowledge, truth?
- Do you think that you can buy and sell facts, knowledge, truth?
- Do you think that facts, knowledge, truth can be distorted in support of personal agendas?
- Do you think that facts, knowledge, truth are determined by those who have the most money?
- Do you think that facts, knowledge, truth are determined those who speak the loudest?
- Do you think that facts, knowledge, truth are determined by an advocacy system?
- Do you think that facts, knowledge, truth can be ignored?
- When was the last time Canada was a moral and ethical leader on the world stage? Hint: Lester B Pearson
- When will Canada again be a world leader of this stature?
- Do Politicians | Fossil Fuel Industry Junkies | Other Cronies Trump Scientific Facts, Knowledge, Truth or does Science trump the whole bunch of them?
- How many of us over the age of 20 are alive today without Science?
- How many of us will be alive and prosper tomorrow without Science?
Canada: A New Vision
FAQ: The Most Profound & Dangerous Ignorance of All - Ignorance of One's Ignorance
How to Identify Them
To the next generations who will inherit the Earth: following are some questions to ask in order to help identify the Fossils.
- Why are the Fossils destroying our future, our young lives , our home planet Earth?
- What is the Truth; how persistent is the Truth?
- How do we find the Truth?
- What matters in the search for Truth, data or opinions?
- Can the Truth be bought and sold?
- Can the Truth be lied about?
- Can the Truth be hidden?
- Does misinformation change the Truth?
- Which of the following statements are true: The Fossils are False Prophets; The Fossils are False Profits? Both?
- Has too much humanity and too much of the biosphere already been destroyed by false prophets for greedy false profits?
Society: Business, Economics, Education, Government, Healthcare, Politics
- Should Ethics, Truth, Sustainability, Education, Healthcare, Quality of Life be Fundamental Goals in a Just Society?
- What is a just society?
- Who are the Political Fossils working for?
- Which of the following statements are true: The Fossils are False Profits; The Fossils are False Prophets? Both?
- Has too much humanity and too much of the biosphere already been destroyed for false profits by greedy false prophets?
- Which statement is correct: I believe in Science; I don’t believe in Science?
- Neither: Science is not a belief system; Science is a methodology to determine the Truth called the Scientific Method.
- Do the Fossils actually know what the Truth is?
- Can the Fossils name any of the steps in the Scientific Method to determine the Truth?
- Why is Independence a critical component of the Scientific Method; why must Truth be independent of all who truly seek the Truth?
- Why is Verifiability a critical component of the Scientific Method?
- Does the Fossils Scientific opinion have any value?
- Have the Fossils ever worked on a Scientific project?
- Have the Fossils ever attended even one professional grade Scientific lecture or seminar?
- Have the Fossils ever read even one article in a Scientific journal or magazine?
- Have the Fossils ever read even one professional level Scientific text or reference book?
- Have the Fossils ever even read one article in the magazine Scientific American?
- Have the Fossils ever completely read even one article in a newspaper by a professional Science writer?
- Who do the new Custodians of Sustainable Earth 3.0 believe the 10 minute scientists, Fossils who believe they can become world class scientists in less than 10 minutes, or Earth’s very own World Wide, World Class Scientific Community?
- Who do you trust for the Truth, to help guide us to the Future we all deserve?
- What is the difference between the climate and the weather?
- If the Fossils don’t know the difference, does their opinion about either have any value?
- Is climate change just a symptom of a much more serious problem the profligate, irresponsible, greed driven destruction of Earth’s biosphere including the priceless irreplaceable biomass?
- Which country is the most Socialistic in the world; is it the USA?
- What are some other names for Corporate Socialism? Corporate Welfare, Corporate Subsidies, Corporate Bailouts, Corporate Environmental Damage, Corporate Deregulation, Corporate Taxes, Trickle Down Economics, Personal Income Tax Cuts for the rich?
- What should real corporate expenses, like clean air, clean water, clean land, damage to the biosphere & human lives, foreign wars that taxpayer money pays for, be called?
- Are non-sustainable jobs that destroy our biosphere good economics or even good jobs?
- How can the Fossils persuade citizen taxpayers that Corporate Socialism using taxpayer dollars is not Socialism and is good; and that healthcare, education, social security for citizen taxpayers using their own dollars is Socialism and is bad?
- Can a company whose sole purpose is the maximization of executive, owner and shareholder wealth provide healthcare to people whose sole goal is healthcare and the minimal use of the organizations that provide healthcare?
- Should a goal of just societies be the optimal healthcare of all of their citizens?
- Can a company whose sole purpose is the maximization of executive, owner and shareholder wealth provide the best public education?
- Should a goal of just societies be the optimal education of all of their citizens?
Sustainable Earth 3.0 Citizens: There is No Other Choice!
- Have the Fossils asked their own children and other family members about the Earth they wish to inherit?
- Have the Fossils asked their friends and their families about the Earth they wish to inherit?
- Have the Fossils asked their constituents about the Earth they wish to inherit?
- Have the Fossils asked the citizens of their own country about the Earth they wish to inherit?
- Have the Fossils asked the other citizens of this planet about the Earth they wish to inherit?
The Darwin Awards
What are: The Darwin Awards » ?
- Check out the website Darwin Awards for details. In summary, the Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who accidentally remove themselves from the genome in a spectacular manner.
Who are the Fossils?
- Eponymously, the Fossils are defined by: the planet’s fossils; the fossil fuel industries; other derivative unethical, non-sustainable, destructive industries; the people who support them like banks, corporations, educational institutes, investors, politicians, news media…; corporate socialism, capitalism when they are making money, socialism – taxpayer bailouts when they are losing money.
Why do the Fossils Deserve a Darwin Lifetime Achievement Award?
- In their profound ignorance of their ignorance, the Fossils deserve a Darwin Lifetime Achievement Award for their accelerated removal from the gene pool of themselves, their family and their friends by the destruction of the Planet Biosphere – biomass, land, water, air… and the independent science based institutions that protect us all.
- Qualifiers: unfortunately,
- Their actions are not accidental!
- They are taking the rest of life with them!
The Nobel Prizes
What are: The Nobel Prizes » ?
- The Nobel Prizes are awarded annually “For the Greatest Benefit to Humanity” in the fields of:
- Chemistry, Economic Sciences, Literature, Medicine or Physiology, Peace, Physics
Why are we looking for the Fossils in the archives of The Nobel Prizes?
- Because the Fossils claim to be better in every field of human activity than anyone who has ever lived including the fields for which The Nobel Prize is awarded.
- From 1901-Present, 603 Nobel Prizes have been awarded to 962 People and 25 Organizations.
- All of the Awards were not won by Fossils; in fact, were any of the awards won by Fossils?
Where should the Citizen – Shareholders of Earth interested in Truth, and understanding True Greatness look?
- Spend some quality time on The Nobel Prize website.
- It is human legacies like The Nobel Prizes that honor the best of humanity, the best that we have been, the best that we are, the best that we can be!
- They define us not as citizens of towns or tribes, cities or municipalities, provinces or states, countries or political parties, but as Citizen – Shareholders of Earth!
- We are One Together and Only as One Together Can We All Survive and Prosper – Yes We Can!