If the bookkeeping is honest, solar energy is already a much better energy supply investment than any of the fossil fuels – it costs not a little, but a lot less. What is honest bookkeeping you ask? Insist that the fossil fuel industries pay all of their real costs; do not let these industries transfer the expenses of their industries to citizen taxpayers; do not let these industries externalize the following costs:
- The cost of the military industrial complex to support the fossil fuel industry, particularly in the Middle East.
- The cost to find, extract, refine, deliver, store, cleanup, etc the fossil fuels: wells farther & farther away from the surface of the earth, pipelines, water & land tankers, refineries, storage & end user delivery facilities, waste & other pollution management, end user pollution.
- The cost to cleanup the many environmental disasters.
- Healthcare costs: hundreds of thousands die prematurely worldwide each each year because of the water, soil, and air pollution of the fossil fuel industries.
- The enormous costs of fossil fuel caused environmental damage including climate change that are growing exponentially.
For comparison, think of rooftop solar:
- Clean energy delivered directly to the end user.
- Converted directly into electricity using silicon, one of the most abundant elements on the surface of the earth.
- Delivered by copper wire, the cleanest, cheapest, and most efficient of all energy delivery systems.
- No military, no exploration, no refining, no complex and expensive infrastructure, no additional healthcare, no environmental damage.
- Efficient energy use in all sectors – RCIT.
- Energy independence, self-sufficiency, & security; new domestic industries & wealth; no massive transfers of wealth to foreign jurisdictions.